How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Vietnam
In this post, we explore how Nigerians can get a visa to Vietnam. We cover some info on Vietnam, necessary requirements, and embassy location.
The country is known as the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, it is located on the most eastern end of the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia, Vietnam has an estimated population of about 90.5 million people. Its capital city has been Hanoi since North and South Vietnam came together in 1975.
In Vietnam, there is a marble mausoleum in Hanoi built in honor of the communist-era leader Ho Chi Minh. Saigon, now known as Ho Chi Minh City. There are also French landmarks from the colonial era, and museums from the Vietnamese war.
Types of Vietnamese Visas
There are different types of visas available for people who intend to visit Vietnam but getting the visa depends on the reason for traveling.
Below are the three major types of Vietnamese visas:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Diplomatic/Official visa
Nigerians who wish to apply for a business visa to Vietnam should apply to the embassy with the following required documents.
Please note that the Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation.
- International passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- One completed application fee with a photo attached.
- Visa fees must be paid in cash only, and all payments are non-refundable.
- Visa application form filled and signed, or in case of minors, it should be signed by the relevant legal guardian. The form can also be filed electronically before printing a hard copy
- It is also required that you gain approval through a sponsor in Vietnam. The Embassy will issue visas upon approval by reliable Authorities in Vietnam. If you don’t have a sponsor in Vietnam, please contact the Embassy for more details regarding that aspect.
Where To Go
The Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Nigeria
Address: No 9 River Niger street, Off Danube Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
Tel: (234-09)8703678; (234-09)8703679
Email: [email protected]
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 09.00 AM – 17.00 PM
For more details regarding all types of visas to Vietnam, please visit the official embassy website.