How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Turkey
In this post, we explore how Nigerians can get a visa to Turkey. We cover some info on Turkey, necessary requirements, and embassy location.
The Republic of Turkey is a parliamentary republic that lies between Europe and Asia, making it very important. Turkey covers a total area of about 783,356 square kilometers and has an estimated population of about 82 million people according to the 2019 census.
The famous city in Turkey is Istanbul, and it is home to the Hagia Sophia, the huge 17th-century Blue Mosque, and the circa-1460 Topkapi Palace. Turkey has a mixed cultural heritage and Ankara is its capital
Types of Turkish Visas
There are various types of visas available to anyone who intends to visit Turkey. The type of visa given will depend on the purpose of the visit.
Below are the five types of Turkey visas:
- Tourist / Businessperson
- Official Visa
- Student/Education Visa
- Working Visa
- Other Visas
Nigerians who intend on traveling to Turkey for business purposes can apply for a business person visa.
Below are the necessary requirements.
- International passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages
- Visa application form filled and signed, or in case of minors, it should be signed by the relevant legal guardian. The form can also be filed electronically before printing a hard copy.
- If an invitation letter is required, it should contain the inviting person’s TR Identity Number, clear identity, the list of invitees, permanent address, contact number, length and purpose of stay, and the affinity with the applicant;
- The applicant will also be asked to provide an invitation letter from the host, employer, or sponsoring company written on company letterhead. The letter should indicate the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company and clearly stating the reason for visiting Turkey. Please be aware that for uninvited business scouts a Personal Business Profile will be needed.
- Letter from references in Turkey, their information must include the name, address, and phone number of the individual or individuals.
- If you are getting financial support from a host or other sponsor in the country, their bank statement will have to be provided. Please note that your host’s invitation letter should expressly state the types of assistance they will be providing (financial, accommodations, feeding, transportation, etc.).
- Hotel reservation/ accommodation information for the duration of the intended stay in Turkey.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cater for your stay in Turkey. The applicant may be asked to provide their bank statement from the last 6 months.
Where To Go
Embassy of The Republic of Turkey in Nigeria
Address: 5, Amazon Street (Ministers Hill), Maitama A6, Abuja.
Tel: +234 9 4139787; Fax: +234 9 4139457
Email: [email protected]
For more details regarding all types of visas to Turkey, please visit the official embassy website.