How to make a simple DIY lotion for dry and sensitive skin.
Learn how to make a simple DIY lotion for dry and sensitive skin via this article on Elistatus, which is purely dedicated to teaching you amazing skills.
This simple but effective DIY lotion is able to penetrate deep into the skin’s outer layers, to provide long-lasting hydration. The most amazing thing about this lotion is that it costs much less than what one would spend buying lotion.
If you are someone who has struggled with excessively dry skin or eczema, you know how heartbreaking it can be to see your special expensive lotion evaporate before your eyes! You only experience some hours of protection and you are back to square one with dry skin!
The perfect solution for dry, sensitive skin is here! Our DIY lotion contains some very effective ingredients such as oats, shea butter & almond oil. These ingredients are perfect for moisturizing the skin without leaving it greasy at the same time.
This recipe can make up to 400 grams of simple DIY lotion for dry and sensitive skin.
- 240g Distilled Water
- 12g Glycerine
- 4g Colloidal Oatmeal
- 60g Shea Butter
- 60g Almond Oil
- 24g Emulsifying Wax
- 4g Preservative Eco (Natural Preservative)
- 4g Vitamin E Oil (Antioxidant)
- Essential Oils for Fragrance (Optional)
- First, measure out your water phase Ingredients: Distilled water, glycerine & colloidal oatmeal, and your oil phase ingredients: shea butter, almond oil & emulsifying wax
- Secondly, over low heat (e.g. double boiler), melt both phases in separate heatproof glasses
- Once completely melted, mix together and transfer to a flat surface
- Use an immersion blender or electric whisk to create an emulsion. As the mixture cools and more air is incorporated, it will start to thicken and change to a pale cream color
- Once your lotion has reached your desired consistency and is cool, transfer to a scale
- Add your Cool Down ingredients: preservative, antioxidant & any essential oils for fragrance
- Briefly mix again either by hand or using a blender to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed
- Store your DIY lotion in an airtight tinted glass pump bottle or container
Please let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below.