HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO OIL FOR HEALTHY HAIR AND SKIN
Learn how to make avocado oil at home for free on Elistatus.
Avocado is a very delicious and highly nutritious fruit. It contains a lot of healthy fat, and it’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and minerals make it an excellent ingredient for your hair and skin.
Avocado oil has a lot of benefits for the hair and skin. The oil alone contains a lot of:
- essential fatty acids
- vitamins A, B-5, and E
SOME BENEFITS OF AVOCADO OIL
The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents in avocado oil help your skin stay smooth, healthy, and elastic. Here are some benefits of avocado oil
- Helps to calm itchy skin
- heals chapped skin
- It replenishes dry skin
- Helps to hydrate and moisturize the skin
- It also shields the skin from ultraviolet radiation
- Avocado oil helps protect the skin from damage
The significant benefits of avocado oil are to soothe and add moisture to the skin and hair. It is also not greasy, so all the oily skin folks do not have to worry about looking too oily after using avocado oil.
Without wasting much time, let us get into the process of how to make avocado oil at home.
- Non-stick saucepan
- Strainer/ cheesecloth
- Airtight container for storing
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING AVOCADO OIL
- Three large ripe avocados
- Coconut oil or any light carrier oil of your choice
- Essential oil (optional)
- Wash your avocado and slice in half around the seed.
- Take out the seeds and scoop the fat in the avocado with a spoon
- Blend the scooped out fat
- Get a saucepan and put the blended avocado into the saucepan
- Add coconut oil or any light carrier oil of your choice
- Cook the blended avocado on low to medium heat until the avocado becomes dry to some extent(this should take about 1 hour), and you can see the oil coming out.
- Once it is done, set the fried avocado aside to cool
- Next, get your strainer or cheesecloth and place the cooled down avocado into the cheesecloth over a small bowl.
- Squeeze as hard as possible to get the oil out.
- Once you have your extracted oil, place it in an airtight container of your choice to store the oil.
That is a simple way to make avocado oil for hair and skin
Related Post: How to make carrot oil at home