How to Make Mozzarella Cheese at Home
In this post, we will learn how to make mozzarella cheese most easily right in the comfort of your home. This recipe is very easy and you will not be able to tell the difference between this home-made cheese and store-bought cheese.
Depending on where you are located, cheese can be quite expensive. Mozzarella, in particular, is one of those that cost more than other kinds of cheese so making some at home will save you some pennies at least.
Mozarella can be used to prepare various dishes, the most popular being pizza. Feel free to be creative with as many cheese recipes as you can after making your very own mozzarella cheese at home.
Without wasting any more time, let’s get into the recipe.
What you need
- 2-litre raw milk (not boiled milk)
- 4 tablespoons of Vinegar
- Ice cubes
- Take 2 litres of raw milk and heat it on a low flame while stirring continuously.
- Constantly check the temperature of the milk with your finger to be sure it is hot enough to the point where your finger can’t stay in longer. (Try as much as possible not to overheat the milk)
- At this point, turn off the heat and add in 4 tablespoons of vinegar to the milk.
- Continue to stir the milk and slowly gather the curds that thicken up inside the milk into a ball shape.
- Once you have your ball-shaped curd, take it out and drain out the excess water.
- Next, put the cheese in hot water. Note: you can use the excess water from the cheese for this, just heat it again using a microwave or using a stove.
- Put the water into a bowl and place the ball of cheese inside the hot water. Continue to mix, the cheese will have to remain in the water for about 5-6 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, take out the curd and use your hands to squeeze out the excess water (Repeat this process about 2-3 times).
- Soak the cheese ball in ice-chilled water for about 1-2 minutes. You can choose to use room temperature water from the tap and add ice to it, just ensure the water is very cold.
- Take the cheese ball out, take out the excess water and dip it again in the water, repeat this process about 2-3 times.
- Finally, squeeze out all the excess water from the curd and voila! Your very own mozzarella cheese is done.
PRO TIP: Wrap the cheese in plastic foil and freeze it. Your cheese is ready to be used at any time.
Do leave a comment below if this post was helpful.
Related Posts: How To: Make Cheese Bread