How to make steamed cassava cake at home (no oven)
Learn how to make steamed cassava cake at home (no oven) in this article. We share a simple recipe anyone can follow and the cake is delicious!
Steamed cassava cake is a no bake, creamy and easy recipe, and this cassava cake recipe is made from scratch.
Elistatus is all a about presenting different experiences from various cultures, nationalities or countries. This Cassava cake is one of most popular and loved cake desserts from the Philippines. It is made from fresh cassava , coconut milk or milk and eggs with a custard or caramelized sugar on top. The texture of cassava cake is like a leche flan but made of cassava and commonly served as merienda and served at special occasions.
This cassava cake recipe is so delicious not too sweet, soft and moist. So if you are looking for a quick, easy , tasty and yet low budget friendly, then try out this recipe.
Ingredients for how to make steamed cassava cake at home (no oven)
- 3 cups fresh Cassava
- 1 can condensed milk (340 ml)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk/fresh milk ( to make it extra soft, you can add 1/4 cup of milk)
- 2 eggs
Procedure for how to make steamed cassave cake at home (no oven)
- Peel the cassava, wash properly and grate it properly.
- Extract the cassava juice.
- In a bowl, combine grated cassava, condensed and evaporated milk, and 2 eggs.
- Mix until all the ingrediends are well combined.
- In a molder put in 1 tbsp sugar. Set the moulder over heat until melted and golden in color.(Please note that overcooking will cause some sort of bitterness.)
- Allow the sugar to cool down and harden.
- Next, pour the mixture into a prepared molder.
- Steam the mixture using the steamer for about 40 minutes. (To make a steamer, pour water into a large pot big enough to fit the moulders. place a metal platform on it to lift the mould above the water, and cover it with a tight seal or over medium to high heat, the steam from the water will cook the cake)
- Remove from steamer and allow it to cool down.
- Once the cake has cooled down, turn it over on a plate.
Your delicious cassave cake is ready to be eaten and shared with your loved ones.
Please try out this recipe and let us know what you think in the comment section below.