How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Botswana
In this post, we explore how Nigerians can get a visa to Botswana. We cover some info on Botswana, necessary requirements, and embassy location.
The Republic of Botswana is a small country mainly covered inland and located in Southern Africa.
Its landscape is defined by the Kalahari Desert and the Okavango Delta, which becomes a habitat for animals whenever the rainy season comes around. One can easily find luxury safari camps in Botswana. Gaborone is the capital of Botswana
Types of Visas to Botswana
There are different types of visas available for people who intend to visit Botswana but getting the visa depends on the reason for traveling.
Below are the two major types of visas to Botswana:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
Below are the requirements for a business visa to Botswana:
- A Cover letter from the person who is hosting you in Botswana.
- Authentic copies of work and residence permits from the host or the Batswana National Identity Card.
- Visa application form filled and signed, or in case of minors, it should be signed by the relevant legal guardian. The form can also be filed electronically before printing a hard copy.
- Flight schedule showing the dates for your arrival and departure from Botswana.
- If the host is running a business, then the applicant is to provide copies of business documents.
- If the applicant is married, they must provide copies of marriage certificate. The applicant also has to provide copies of their birth certificate as one of the proofs of nationality.
- Hotel reservation/ accommodation information for the duration of the intended stay in Botswana.
- Bank statements to show proof of financial sustainability throughout the course of your visit to Botswana.
Where To Go
Below is the location for the High commission of Botswana located in Abuja, Nigeria.
High Commission of Botswana
Address: Plot 1241, Oguta Lake Street, Maitama Extension, Abuja
Tel: +234 9 7822818/782, 5239235; Fax: +234 9 5239234
Email: [email protected]
For more information regarding all types of visas to Botswana, please don’t hesitate to visit the official embassy website.