How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Hungary
In this post, we explore how Nigerians can get a visa to Hungary We cover some info on Hungary, necessary requirements, and embassy location.
The Republic of Hungary is a country covered mostly by land and is located in Central Europe. Its capital Budapest, is divided by the Danube River and famous for its dramatic cityscape. The country covers a total area of 93,030 square kilometers and has an estimated population of about 9.8 million people.
Types of Hungarian
There are different types of visas given to anyone who intends to visit Hungary, but the visa depends on the reason for traveling.
Below are the two types of visas issued to anyone who wishes to travel to Hungary.
- Short-stay visa (up to 90 days)
- Long-stay visa (longer than 90 days)
Below are the necessary requirements for Nigerians who wish to travel to Hungary for business purposes. It is important to note that original documents along with a complete set of photocopies should be submitted.
- Flight schedules with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Hungary.
- Verifiable proof of sufficient means of sustenance during the intended stay such as current personal bank statement or account balance from the past three months.
- Travel medical insurance covers the whole period of one’s stay. The medical insurance has to be valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which might arise in relation to repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment, or death during the course of one’s stay. The minimum coverage must be 30.000 EUR and the general waiver is only seen beforehand for holders of diplomatic passports;
- The applicant will also be asked to provide a letter from the employer or sponsoring company written on company letterhead. The letter should indicate the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company and clearly stating the reason for visiting Hungary.
- TCC (Tax Clearance Certificate) + Certificate of Business Incorporation (certificate of registration of a company or business);
- Evidence of commercial activities in Nigeria and recent business deals, the continuation of the commercial relationship with the company that invites (contracts, bills, commercial correspondence, etc.).
- On the event of participation in conferences, fairs, seminars, congresses, etc. Please provide:
a. An invitation from a company or an authorized body to attend events connected with trade, industry, or work, b. Entry tickets for events, if necessary, c. Other documents that shows the existence of trade or work relations.
Where To Go
Embassy of the Republic of Hungary
Address: No. 61, Jose Marti Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja
Tel: +234-9-3141180, +234-9-3141181, +234-9-3141183
Email: [email protected]
For more details on other and all types of Hungarian visas, please visit the official website of the Hungarian Embassy in Nigeria.
Also Read: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Nepal