How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Libya
In this post, we explore how Nigerians can get a visa to Libya. We cover some info on Libya, necessary requirements, and embassy location.
Libya, officially the State of Libya. is a country situated in the Maghreb region of North Africa. Libya covers a total area of about 1.8 million square kilometers and has an estimated population of around 6.2 million.
The largest city in Libya is Tripoli which also happens to be the nation’s capital.
Libya has one of the biggest oil reserves in the world.
Types of Libyan Visas
There are different types of visas available for anyone who intends to travel to Libya, but the visa that will be granted is majorly based on the reason for traveling.
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Student visa
- Transit visa
- Temporary Worker visa
- Marriage visa
Below are the necessary requirements for procuring a visa to Libya.
- Invitation Letter from Libya Immigration;
- International passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Visa application form filled and signed, or in case of minors, it should be signed by the relevant legal guardian. The form can also be filed electronically before printing a hard copy.
- Evidence of current status. A copy of registration certificate/copy of visa and copy of work permit(if available)in Nigeria.
- National Certificate of Vaccination/ medical report to show physical fitness.
- Flight Ticket showing the flight schedules with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Libya.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs which capture the entire face with a bright background are needed.
- Visa fees must be provided to pay for the visa.
- If invited for business purposes, the applicant will be asked to provide a letter from the employer or sponsoring company written on company letterhead. The letter should indicate the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company and clearly stating the reason for visiting Libya.
Where To Go
Embassy of The Great Socialist Peopleâ€™s Libyan, Arab Jamahiriya
Address: Plot 1591, Mike Okoye Street, Off George Sowemimo Street, Asokoro Extension, Abuja
Tel: +234 9 3148356-7; Fax: +234 9 3148354
Email: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 9am – 2pm
For more details on other and all types of Libyan visas, please visit the official website of the Libyan Embassy in Nigeria.
Related Post: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Uruguay