How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Namibia
In this post, we explore how Nigerians can get a visa to Namibia. We cover some info on Namibia, necessary requirements, and embassy location.
Namibia is a country located in southern Africa with the Atlantic ocean to the west of it. Windhoek is its capital and largest city. Namibia is also known for the Namib desert and its manifold wildlife. Namibia was colonized by the Germans and as such is home to colonial era landmarks in its capital. The country covers a total area of 825,615 square kilometres with an estimated population of about 2,113,077 people.
Types of Namibian Visas
Different types of visas exist for people who intend to travel to Namibia. Procuring the visa is mainly based on the purpose of traveling.
Below are the two major types of visa for Namibia:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
Nigerians who intend to visit Namibia for business purposes can apply for a business visa through the Namibian high commission.
Below are the requirements:
- Visa application form filled and signed, or in case of minors, it should be signed by the relevant legal guardian. The form can also be filed electronically before printing a hard copy.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs which capture the entire face with a bright background are needed (size: 45mm x 35mm);
- International passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Confirmed copies of all original documents ( Please do not submit original copies).
- Evidence of sufficient funds for the duration of their stay in Namibia; You may be required to provide your bank statement.
- Proof of employment status if the applicant is employed.
- A travel ticket containing flight schedules with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from NAMIBIA.
- Evidence of hotel reservations or the accommodation you will reside in throughout the duration of your stay. If someone is hosting you, the address of that person has to be provided.
- Travel / Medical / Health Insurance if it is requested.
- Letter of invitation; If you are getting financial support from a host or other sponsor in the country, their bank statement will have to be provided. Please note that your host’s invitation letter should expressly state the types of assistance they will be providing (financial, accommodations, feeding, transportation, etc.)
- Letter of invitation containing information and documentation regarding your business and/or that of your business partner in Namibia
- Health requirements: Proof of yellow fever vaccination is a requirement only if the journey to Namibia entails passing through a yellow fever area of Africa.
- A non-refundable visa processing fee of NGN11,500-00. Note that you can opt for an instantaneous visa fee with fast services and that is double the normal rates at NGN23,000, which is also non-refundable.
Where To Go
High Commission of The Republic of Namibia
Address: Plot 1738 T.Y. Danyuma Street, Cadasdral Zone A4, Asokoro District, Abuja.
Email: [email protected]
Consular Section Tel: +234 9 780 9441
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday: 09:00 to 12:00
For more details on other and all types of visas, please visit the official website of the Namibian High Commission in Nigeria.
Also Read: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Libya