How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Tanzania
In this post, we explore how Nigerians can get a visa to Tanzania. We cover some info on Tanzania, necessary requirements, and embassy location.
Tanzania is officially known as the United Republic of Tanzania. It is a country located in the Eastern part of Africa within the African Great Lakes region and is home to Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
Tanzania has a diversified estimated population of about 51.82 million people. The country’s former capital and the commercial hub is in Dar es Salaam. Tanzania is known for its attractive resorts in the tropical island of Zanzibar off its shore, and the plains of the Serengeti, a safari populated with big game. The current capital of Tanzania is Dodoma.
Types of Tanzanian Visa
There are different types of visas available for anyone who wishes to visit Tanzania. But the visa will be issued based on the reason for traveling.
Below are the two major types of visas:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
Below are a list of the necessary requirements for procuring a visa to Tanzania:
- Two recent passport-sized photographs which capture the entire face with a bright background are needed.
- International passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- An introduction letter from your employer/company;
- The applicant will also be asked to provide an invitation letter from the host, employer or sponsoring company written on company letterhead. The letter should indicate the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company and clearly stating the reason for visiting Egypt.
- Your Accommodation or hotel reservation information for the duration of your stay will be required.
- NGN25,000 Visa Fees to be paid at any UBA Bank Plc Branch.
- A Yellow Fever vaccination card is required to prove that you’re immune from the disease.
- A copy of the applicant’s Certificate of Registration and official Identity Card of Applicant; The application should be made in person except for Government Officials, agencies, and Religious Groups.
Where To Go
High Commission of The United Republic of Tanzania
Address: 15, Yedseram Street, Maitama, PMB 5125 Wuse, Abuja.
Tel: +234 9 4132312-3; Fax: +234 9 413231
Email: [email protected]
Official Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
For more details on other and all types of visas, please visit the official website of the Tanzanian High Commission located in Nigeria.
Also Read: How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Hungary